Wednesday, October 31, 2012
It is amazing to me as we sit, nearing the end of 2012, how many business owners have yet to embrace Social Media as a tool to help market their business. That is part of why I do what I do!
On CNN last week, Social Media Visionary Gary Vaynerchuk said, "If you aren't on Facebook and Twitter in 2012/13 - you're basically not a relevant business in our society." Do those words give you pause? If you are in business, perhaps they should.
Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus can all be a friend to your business - tools that can help not only build relationships, but also build your reputation as an expert, educate and even help your Google search results.
Social Media is all about creating opportunities, planting seeds. There are no guarantees, but every time you post on any Social Media platform, you are planting, watering, and ultimately growing relationships that can benefit your business.
Would sure love to hear your success stories! Where have you seen success using Social Media? How has Facebook become your friend?
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Here are a few mistakes I've seen lately:
1. Asking for "likes" from your page. They already like you, why are you asking them to like you again.
2. Asking for help to get more likes over and over again. I recently saw a business page that did this every day for a week (and I unliked their page as a result)
3. Bragging - No one likes people who brag.
4. Posting too many times per day.
Here are some solutions to these challenges.
1. Ask for likes from your personal profile. Tell them what you post about and provide a link. Make it easy for people to "like" you.
2. It's ok to ask for help getting likes - but show them how, or better yet, provide good content on a regular basis and people will automatically begin to share and your numbers will grow.
3. Change the bragging around. Instead of talking about me, me, me - talk about who and how you helped. A great example of that is, "This week we helped a small business who thought they had lost all their data when their servers crashed. We were able to restore data with minimal downtime."
Are there pages that you have un-liked? What caused you to make that change?
Friday, July 27, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Facebook has taken a lot of heat about their privacy policies. Most of that can be corrected through settings, thank goodness.
Thursday, March 29, 2012
If you haven’t logged into your Facebook business page recently, you might not be aware that there is a change coming to your page THIS FRIDAY! But, do not fear, here are some tips to make the transition easier.
1. Choose a great cover photo for your banner on your Facebook page. The ideal dimensions are 850 X 315 pixels. Your profile picture will also be resized to 125 X 125 pixels.
2. Add some milestones. One unique feature of Timeline is the ability to jump to past dates. Click “add Milestone” and you can tell a story. When did you start your business? Hire your first employee? Win an award? This is a place to document your business history.
3. Visit the admin panel where you will find useful data, including recent page interactions (new comments, likes and likers), the insights graph and messages from fans. Explore the new Build Your Audience and Manage buttons to see their functionality as well.
As an added note, people can now send messages to your business. This is a new way for your fans to communicate with you and Any time a fan or customer reaches out to your business, it’s an opportunity to connect that you don’t want to miss. The challenge will be to remember to look for new messages which are part of the admin panel.
The shift to Timeline may take some getting used to, but when the sense of overwhelm disappears, you will find a much more robust tool that will help your business thrive.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
You may have seen set ups like this before, perhaps at an event booth - or at a location, like this one. This photo was taken at the end of an event at the MGM Grand Las Vegas called The CSI Experience. This display was right before check out where you get your certificate for being a great crime solver.
Monday, January 30, 2012
I watched an amazing thing happen today on Facebook and thought I would share it with you.